Guantanamo Bay Naval Station Fast Facts
The Navy’s largest Naval Base
Established in 1903, Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville is one of the largest Naval Training Base (NTB) in the world. A branch with over 500,000 square feet of base housing, NAS Jacksonville is a sprawling complex consisting of three major components: Naval Air Station Jacksonville, Naval Submarine Base Jacksonville, and Naval Support Activity Jacksonville.
Naval Station Jacksonville encompasses approximately 4.5 million gross square feet of surface facilities, including:
• A 3,000,000-square-foot Headquarters Building (HQ Building).
• A 2,000,000-square-foot Administration Building.
• A 1,400,000-square-foot Vehicle Maintenance Facility.
• 1,400,000-square-foot Fuel Reserve Facility.
• 1,100,000-square-foot Naval Supply Center.
• 1,400,000-square-foot Ship Maintenance Facility.
• 1,400,000-square-foot Medical Clinic.
• 1,200,000-square-foot Military Law Enforcement Facility.
• 1,400,000-square-foot Fuel Plant.
• 1,400,000-square-foot Naval Supply Depot.
• A 350,000-square-foot Naval Submarine Base.
• An estimated 350,000-square-foot Naval Communications Station.
• An estimated 550,000 square feet of Naval Communications, Information, and Electronic Warfare (NI&EW) facilities.
• A 4,000-square-foot Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) site.
• A 3,800-square-foot Headquarters Annex.
• A 950-square-foot Naval Station Visitor Complex.
• An estimated 800,000-square-foot Naval Aviation Force.
• An estimated 1,200,000-square-foot Special Weapons School.
• A 500,000-square-foot Special Operations Training Facility.
• A 200,000-square-foot Electronic Warfare Test